About the Media Design Studio
The Media Design Studios are spaces for members of the Virginia Tech campus community to create or co-create various types of media, including video, audio, and other multimedia. Use our variety of hardware, software, and spaces to create media on your own or with help from our staff.
Studio A offers technology lending and seven iMac workstations with Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, Final Cut Pro, Unity, and more. See the full list of available hardware and software on the Studio A page.
Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Studio B is a bookable space where you can record videos using the One Button Studio, record audio/music using our WhisperRoom sound booth, and edit/produce your project on our PC or iMac workstations. See the full list of available hardware and software on the Studio B page.
Monday – Friday 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm & by appointment during regular library hours
(540) 231-8533 or stop by Torgersen 3320 (Newman Library side of Torgersen Bridge)
Have a project for the studio? Book time in the Studios or sound booths by clicking Request a Consultation
Did you know?
We offer training on studio basics and available technology.
Our One-Button studio includes an optional green screen.
The Media Design Studios include:
- Staff to help you
- 4k Video Recording Capabilities
- Various types of audio and video equipment to borrow
- Workstations built for creating videos, editing audio, and designing interactive presentations
- A One-button Studio
- Large Learning Glass setup
- 6ft x 6ft ADA-Compliant Sound Booths